Common Dishwasher problems and how to fix them
Dishwashers are an essential part of all households and when they malfunction, fixing them up can be frustrating, costly and time consuming. However, not all Dishwasher problems need professional help to be fixed.
Here are some common Dishwasher problems that can be fixed easily:
- The Dishwasher is not starting up: If your dishwasher is not starting up, check to see if it’s properly plugged in and that the circuit breaker or fuse box hasn’t tripped. If all of these things are in order, ensure that the door latch is working correctly. If the door latch isn’t working, replace it.
- The Dishwasher is making strange noises: If your dishwasher is making strange noises, check to see if the spray arm is being blocked by anything. In case there is something blocking it, remove the debris and try running the dishwasher again. If the noise still persists, check the dishwasher’s motor and pump assembly for any obstructions or wear and tear. If these are not the issues, it may be time to call a professional repair technician.
- The Dishwasher is not cleaning dishes properly: If your dishwasher is not cleaning dishes properly, check to see if the spray arm is clogged or not rotating. Remove any debris from the spray arm and ensure it is turning freely. Check the dishwasher’s filters and clean them if they are dirty. You can also check the dishwasher’s detergent dispenser to make sure it’s working properly.
- The Dishwasher is not draining: If your dishwasher is not draining properly, check to see if the drain hose is clogged or not. If it is, clean or straighten it as required. You can also check the dishwasher’s drain pump for any sort of obstructions or damage. If the drain pump seems to be damaged, get it replaced.
- The Dishwasher is leaking: If your dishwasher seems to be leaking, check if the door gasket is damaged or worn. Replace it if required. It is also advised to check the dishwasher’s water inlet valve and hose connections for any leaks. Tighten the loose connections and replace any damaged parts.
These are some common Dishwasher problems and how to fix them easily. However, if you are unsure how to fix the problem or if the problem persists despite repeated attempts to fix it, it may be best to contact a professional to ensure proper repair and prevent further damage to the appliance.
In case you need any further help or assistance you can head over to the services provided section in LocalXR.com or contact us at 888-808-2897. LocalXR is the easiest way to find and get connected to top local service professionals over the phone and to get free quotes for you to compare and decide. We at LocalXR connect instantly with nearest local service professionals for all your needs.